Since 1.65v we support XMPP protocol.
Plain XMPP settings
OAuth based settings
By default app is preconfigured for GTalk support. So you just have to enter your E-mail address and password and you are ready to go or just test. Some notices regarding XMPP implementation and apps.
GTalk - anrdoid
- GTalk does not support messages to self. That means, that XMPP should contain another mail account (GMail account) than Live Helper Chat responsible user.
Xabber - android
- It supports messages to self, so that means that this section e-mail and E-mail who will receive a messages can be the same.
Monal - IPhone, IPod
- It supports messages to self.
You have to configure department to send XMPP messages. Check XMPP messages, enter recipients, and adjust how many seconds to wait untill xmpp message is send.
- How do you determine to what e-mail message should be send (XMPP)?
- First I check does department has assigned E-mail
- If there is no assigned E-mails i just send very first user in system, in most cases it's just an admin.
- I do not receive a messages what to do?
- If you are using different accounts one for sender XMPP and another one for recipient, make sure that receipient can receive a messages from send. Usually it's just enough to add to contacts another account.
- If you are using GTalk mobile client make sure that sender and receiver are the different accounts.
- While configuring switch to old gtalk interface
- after you do that. You should see a chat request. After that you can switch back to new hangout interface.
- I heard that google has dropped xmpp support?
- google has dropped support communication support between two xmpp servers, but not between two gmail accounts. So this feature 100% working.
- I receive a error saying "Could not connect before timeout"
- That means that your server does not allow remote connections to 5222 port.
- Then i enter a my gmail password i receive Auth Failed, what to do?
- When does the messages are send?
- How do I obtain a "OAuth 2.0 Client ID" and "Client secret"?
- I receive test message but do not receive a real xmpp message?
- Try to clear cache, make sure that department has all the required settings for xmpp notifications.